Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mr. Limbaugh (an e-mail)

Mr. Limbaugh:

“But Mr. Obama’s political team and other party leaders have grown increasingly worried that the governor’s unpopularity could drag down Democratic members of Congress in New York, as well as the Democratic-controlled Legislature, in next fall’s election." Now, if you are a fan of Barack Obama, this sounds like a serious and terrible precedent. I wonder how receptive Obama would be to a call from former President Clinton asking Obama to step down for the good of the party in 2012 and let Hillary run.”


I wondered if these were your exact words, or just a bad transcription. I, unfortunately, believe the former. If it were indeed a really bad transcription you would have at least reviewed and corrected what was going to be printed on your website as a direct quote from you… wouldn’t you? Or hired someone to do this in your absence?

I must say that I am hugely disappointed in your blatant disrespect for the elected officials of this country whether you agree with them and/or their policies or not. I note quite a few examples of your disrespect just in the above paragraph that I cut and pasted from your own website in order to draft this e-mail. First and the most important is you calling President Obama “Mr. Obama”. Who does that?! Especially when you, in the same paragraph (and as long winded as you are this was likely in the same breath), call a past president “former President Clinton”. I also note that our Secretary of State was identified as “Hillary”.

Who the heck do you think you are? Nevermind, don’t answer that.

I assume that there must not be many people who are respectful in the same manner I expect our citizens to be listening to you any more when you speak - or your e-mail is full of other e-mails just like this one.

1 comment: